If you’ve been debating whether or not to set up a YouTube account for your business, I’ll let the stats speak for themselves: it’s a platform with over 1 billion users, that regularly reaches more 18 to 34 and 18 to 49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S. In other words, it’s a pretty big deal.
And now that we’ve added YouTube as a core social network in Hootsuite, you’ve got even more incentive to jump on the YouTube train. The integration means it’s easy to upload and schedule your videos, share them across social networks, monitor and manage comments, and find video content—all from one place.
So, ready to create a YouTube account for your business? This post will walk you through the process, from start to finish.
The first thing to note is that YouTube accounts are directly linked to Google accounts. So you can either use an existing Google account to create your YouTube account, or you can set up a YouTube account from scratch and a Google account will be created for you in the process.
We’ll start by going over the steps for setting up a YouTube account from scratch.
How to create a YouTube account if you don’t have a Google account
1. Go to youtube.com.
2. Click “Sign-in” in the top right corner of the page.
3. Select “Create account.”
4. Fill out the fields required to create your Google account.
Once you’ve created your Google account, you’ll be taken to the YouTube homepage. From there:
1. Click on “My Channel” from the menu on the left side.
2. Click on “Use a business or other name” on the pop-up that appears.
3. Choose a name for your channel and the category that best describes your business. Note that a Google+ page will automatically be created under this name as well.
You’re finished! Now it’s time for the fun stuff. Head to the bottom of this post to learn more about next steps.
How to create a YouTube account with an existing Google account
If you’ve set up a Google+ page or Gmail address for your business, then you already have a Google account that you can use to create your YouTube account. You can also use your personal Google account to create a YouTube account for your business. (Don’t worry—the association between the two can remain private. Check out this explanation from YouTube for more information.)
These are the steps that you’ll follow whether you have an existing Google account for your business or are using a personal Google account.
1. Go to youtube.com.
2. Sign in with the email address attached to your existing Google account.
3. Click on your profile icon in the top right corner.
4. Click on the wheel icon beside “Creator Studio.”
5. Click on “Create a new channel.”
6. Choose a name for your channel and the category that best describes your business. Note that a Google+ page will automatically be created under this name as well.
Next steps—building a great YouTube account
Add a profile image and channel art
Like any profile you create on a social network, the appearance of your YouTube account is a direct reflection of your business. Adding a profile image will help make your account instantly recognizable, and adding channel art gives you a chance to include even more branded visuals and messaging.
Add YouTube to your Hootsuite dashboard
Adding your YouTube account to your Hootsuite dashboard will make it easy for you to publish and schedule videos, and monitor and respond to comments on your account. Learn more about using Hootsuite in YouTube.
Getting views and subscribers
Your YouTube account is ready to roll. Now it’s time to focus on videos, views, and subscribers. Here are some resources to help you along the way:
- How to promote your YouTube channel
- How to get more subscribers on YouTube
- A guide to social video and where it fits in your marketing plan
You can also sign up for our live webinar, Video Goes Social: Why video marketing matters—and how to do it right. You’ll learn how to create a video-centric mindset for your social strategy, including how to create (and find) engaging video content to share, and how to get more views for your own videos.
You can upload, schedule, publish, promote, and monitor your YouTube videos directly from Hootsuite.
from Hootsuite Social Media Management https://blog.hootsuite.com/how-to-create-a-youtube-account-channel/